Services Update | Covid-19
May 20, 2020
As the impact of the COVID-19 virus continues to unfold, we understand there may be confusion around your medical care during this time. First and foremost, we want to assure you that we are here, working with other healthcare providers in our community, to take care of our patients.
Providing safe, high quality care continues to be our #1 priority. We are following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American College of Radiology to evaluate the needs of our patients, staff, community and healthcare providers.
In order to best serve our community, we are announcing some important updates to our services:
- Starting Wednesday, May 20, we will only be seeing symptomatic patients (experiencing respiratory symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath) for urgent X-ray and at our Diagnostic Imaging Northwest Mobile Imaging Service location in Puyallup. We will be requiring patients and visitors to wear a mask throughout their visit at this facility. We will continue to see patients without respiratory symptoms or fever at most TRA and DINW locations.
- X-rays at all TRA and DINW locations will be available by appointment-only.
- During this time, we will be asking all patients some additional screening questions at the time of scheduling their appointments. Screening questions will be asked again upon arrival to our imaging centers, and we will be taking temperatures using temporal thermometers.
- We ask that you alert us immediately if you have an appointment and have tested positive for COVID-19 so we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- In addition to these infection control measures, we are limiting access to patients and one healthy visitor/support person. Additional visitors will be asked to wait in the car to minimize the risk of exposure to the virus.
These precautions are for your added safety and peace of mind. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause you. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Please call our Scheduling Team with questions about your appointment or to reschedule your exam.
TRA Scheduling: 253-761-4200