What is Interventional Radiology?
Interventional Radiology (IR) uses image guidance to perform minimally invasive procedures. Some of these procedures are done for diagnostic purposes, while other procedures can help treat a condition. IR procedures are generally associated with less risk, less pain, less cost and shorter recovery times compared to open surgeries.
What is Interventional Oncology?
Interventional Oncology (IO) is a newer sub-specialty of Interventional Radiology. Interventional Oncology further bridges the diagnosis and treatment of cancer by using diagnostic imaging techniques to help guide miniaturized instruments to allow targeted and precise treatment of solid tumors located in various organs of the body. Interventional Oncology treatments may be offered in combination with many oncologic therapies.
Interventional Radiology Exams and Procedures at TRA
TRA has a dedicated team of fellowship trained radiologists, Physician Assistants and registered Radiology Assistants who all specialize in Interventional Radiology. These providers, along with our nurses and staff, will ensure that you are kept informed and comfortable throughout the entire process, from the consultation to the procedure and into the recovery period.
- Catheter/Port Injection
- Catheter/Port Removal
- PICC Line Placement
- Port Placement
- Tunneled Central Catheter (TCC) Placement
- Tunneled Dialysis Access Catheter (Permacath, TDAC) Placement
Drainage and Tube Management
- Abscess Drain Placement
- Chest Tube Placement
- Drainage Catheter Exchange
- Drain Removal
- Gastrostomy and Gastrojejunostomy Placement/Maintenance/Exchange/Removal
- PleurX Catheter Placement
- Lumbar Puncture
Bone and Joint Pain Management
- Joint Aspiration
- Steroid Injection
- SI Joint Injection
- Epidural Injections
- Facet Injection
- Vertebral Augmentation (Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty) Consult
- Lumbar Puncture
- Low Back Pain Consult
Biopsy, Interventional Oncology
- CT Guided Biopsy (Lung, Liver, Renal, Lymph Node, Bone, Bone Marrow)
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsy (Thyroid, Liver, Renal, Lymph Node)
- Tumor Therapy Consultation (tumor ablation, chemo embo, Y90)
- Fallopian Tube Recanalization Consult
- UFE Consult
- Gonadal Vein Embo Consult
Arterial and Venous Intervention
- Arteriogram Consult
- Angioplasty Stenting Consult
- Dialysis Fistulagram/Treatment
- IVC (Inferior Vena Cava) Filter Placement Consult
- IVC (Inferior Vena Cava) Filter Removal Consult
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portalsystemic Shunt) Consult
- Varicose Vein Therapy (Vein Ablation, Sclerotherapy) Consult
- Venous Sclerotherapy
Learn more about the procedures we offer atTRA Endovascular
For more information or to schedule an Interventional Radiology exam, please call 253-284-0841.