Patient Rights, Responsibilities, and Expectations
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to:
- Be treated and cared for with dignity and respect.
- Confidentiality, privacy, complaint resolution, and communication.
- Complain about your care and treatment without fear of retribution or denial of care.
- Timely complaint resolution.
- Be informed and consent to your care.
- Receive a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP).
- An interpreter, free of charge.
- Know the name and role of each person giving you care.
- Ask for an estimate of charges before care is provided.
- Ask questions and get a timely response to your questions or requests.
- Have your bill explained to you.
- Refuse care.
- Obtain copies of your medical records. You may do so by contacting our Medical Records Department at 253-761-4200.
You have the responsibility to:
- Provide complete and accurate health and demographic information.
- Let someone know if there are changes in your condition.
- Be respectful of your health care team, to include any TRA employee you interact with.
- Be considerate in language and conduct of other people and property, including being mindful of noise levels
- Ask questions and let someone know if there is anything you do not understand.
- Follow directions and accept responsibility for your choices.
- Leave valuables at home.
- Do not use cellphones/other devices to take pictures, videos or recordings without permission from staff.
- Notify us if you cannot keep your appointment as soon as possible.
- Submit payments in a timely manner or contact the billing department to discuss your financial obligations.
- This is a place of healing and compassion for all who enter.
- We promote a positive, non-hostile, non-violent healthcare environment where everyone feels safe.
- We expect all who enter to behave in a respectful manner.
- There are consequences for choosing inappropriate behavior.
- We stand by our employees’ safety at all times.
Download PDF: Patient Rights and Responsibilities