Safeguarding Against COVID-19
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
Updated on 11/10/22
COVID Policy: Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are symptomatic with a pending COVID test, will be scheduled 7 days from the onset of symptoms or positive test. Patients who test positive for COVID-19 within a week of their appointment should call us to reschedule.
Visitor Policy: The health of our patients and staff is our number one priority. While COVID cases remain in the low to moderate range, we will allow patients to have one healthy visitor or support person accompany them for their appointment. Children are not allowed during exams at this time. Additional visitors will be asked to wait outside the clinic to minimize the risk of exposure. Please note: OB ultrasound patients may have one adult visitor during their exam.
Masking Policy: For the safety of our patients and staff, patients and visitors are required to wear a loop mask or N95/KN95 throughout their visit. Patients who refuse to comply may not be able to seen for their exam that day.
General Reminder: Patients should come prepared with their picture ID and insurance card.
We adhere to the standard and transmission-based precautions for infection control by practicing the following:
- Perform hand hygiene
- Use personal protective equipment such as clothing, goggles or gloves, whenever there is an expectation of possible exposure to infectious material
- Follow respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette principles
- Properly handle and properly clean and disinfect patient care instruments/devices
- Handle textiles and laundry carefully
- Follow safe injection practices
- Ensure healthcare worker safety including proper handling of needles and other sharp objects
- Ensure appropriate patient placement
- Limit transport and movement of patients
- Prioritize cleaning and disinfection of the room and equipment
- Practice social distancing in waiting areas by removing chairs to keep six feet between guests
Resources are also available at the following sites: