Safeguarding Against COVID-19
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has recently updated their guidance to indicate that people with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever (100 degrees F or higher) or chills
- New cough not attributable to another medical condition
- New shortness of breath not attributable to another medical condition
- New muscle aches not attributable to another medical condition or specific activity (e.g. physical exercise)
- New throat pain not attributable to another medical condition
- New profound loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
NOTE: This list of COVID-19 associated symptoms may be amended as our understanding of viral biology evolves.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting on results for your COVID-19 test, or have one or more of these symptoms above, please call us to reschedule your appointment: 253-761-4200.
For your safety and those around you, you are required to wear a mask throughout your visit. If you refuse to comply, we may not be able to see you today for your exam.
We adhere to the standard and transmission-based precautions for infection control by practicing the following:
- Perform hand hygiene
- Use personal protective equipment such as clothing, goggles or gloves, whenever there is an expectation of possible exposure to infectious material
- Follow respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette principles
- Properly handle and properly clean and disinfect patient care instruments/devices
- Handle textiles and laundry carefully
- Follow safe injection practices
- Ensure healthcare worker safety including proper handling of needles and other sharp objects
- Ensure appropriate patient placement
- Limit transport and movement of patients
- Prioritize cleaning and disinfection of the room and equipment
- Practice social distancing in waiting areas by removing chairs to keep six feet between guests
Things you can do to assist us in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other transmittable diseases:
- If you are experiencing cough, sneezing or fever symptoms, please call and reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If you are asked to wear a mask by staff, please wear the mask for the duration of your visit. If you refuse to comply, we will not be able to see you for your exam.
- Limit the number of guests you have with you during your appointment. One visitor will be allowed with each patient including children.
For your safety and those around you, we are taking extra precautions to safeguard against the spread of this disease.
For more information on disease control and prevention, please visit https://www.cdc.gov.
Resources are also available at the following sites: